Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tired Momma's Dinner

Sore from a body shaping class the previous day, scatter-brained from re-organizing a guest room, and tired from daily care-taking of a precious little girl, I find myself staring into the pantry wondering what I might eat for dinner at 8:30 p.m.

Chili? No, too much preparation. Ooo, an omlet! Nah...I would have to shred cheese. Yogurt raisins! Those sound good, but I can't just eat yogurt raisins for dinner. I know, soup would be perfect. Open the can, pour into bowl, microwave. Voila! After rummaging through the pantry for a few minutes I realize my soup must have disappeared into thin air. One last option - a lean pocket. Perfect! Two minutes and dinner is ready.

So that's what I had - a lean pocket and some yogurt raisins. For dessert? Two super-yummy chocolate truffles...my Mother's Day gift to myself. And I'm ok with that. I get to eat my dinner in my PJs relaxing to lullaby music through the baby monitor.

Before I finish off my turkey-cheese pocket and sign-off to wash bottles, here's a cute picture of my little cutie!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's a great picture! She's got a wonderful smile and such beautiful blue eyes!

Lydia said...

When Jon works nights, I also find myself staring into the cabinets at 8:30 or 9pm. I usually come up with something grand like a handful of mini marshmallows.

Lullabies on the monitor is like music that follows me wherever I go. :)

KarenD said...

Yes, I tend to hear lullabies even when they are not playing. And I randomly hear baby cries when Ian is not crying. Maybe this momma brain isn't getting enough nutrition because let's face it... yogurt raisins and mini marshmallows are not exactly brain food. :-)