Saturday, August 15, 2009

So, um...

I haven't had much motivation to write lately. I'm still looking for a teaching or writing position; however, I dread the thought of leaving my baby girl at daycare all day. Getting used to living on one salary instead of two (yes, I'm still getting used to it after five months) has caused us to tighten our belts and live on a budget, which in turn has caused a temporary spending freeze. Good friends moved to another city and more good friends are leaving the country soon!

On the upside, two beautiful babies were born this month to dear friends of mine and another is due any day now. My little girl continues to be full of surprises. And I'm still trying to make the transition from career-minded woman to stay-at-home mom, but I'm cherishing every moment I get to be at home with Sophie.

Here are some fun, recent pictures.


Sophie, just chillin' before her nine month photo shoot. Such a rock star.


Miss Thang loves to cruise around the couch and end tables.


Friend Ian holds Sophie's water for her. Such a nice little guy. We miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big. Such a CUTIE pie!

Carolyn said...

Um, I think Sophie is holding her own water and Ian is letting her taste HIS! lol

KarenD said...

We miss you, too! But I get to see you next weekend... and you're bound to visit us, eh?

It's fun to get the kiddos together. Sophie is holding the little empty bottle with no lid, and for some reason they both loved playing with that. Kids love the simplest of things! And the blue cup? No clue it it's Ian's or Sophie's because they have the same one!

Anonymous said...

Can be.