Thursday, September 6, 2007

I love this time of year

It’s just barely September, but I’m already excited about the upcoming holidays. I love ‘um. I love ‘um all. My house already has its fall touches in the living room, dining room and kitchen. I have my pumpkin decorating patterns picked out and I’ve already made plans for Thanksgiving. My Christmas tree is still in its box, but there’s a designated spot in our new house for it to sit and be lovely.

There’s even a cool breeze today, a hint that fall is on its way. Warm clothes, happy faces, and stomach-warming goodies are what draw me to this season. I love to bake, so I couldn’t wait to get out my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe and fill the house with the aromas of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.

I don’t have a fireplace, but sitting on the couch enjoying holiday movies with an apple-cinnamon-scented candle will work just fine. Favorite movies of the October through December holiday season include: Ghostbusters I & II, It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, The Grinch that Stole Christmas (both the Jim Carey and cartoon versions), and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

Most of all I enjoy all the family and friend get-togethers during the holidays. I feel a fall fondue party coming on!

3 comments:

KarenD said...

Mmmm... and what good choc. chip pumpkin bread it was!! Feel free to share the products of your baking urges anytime with me. :-)

I love fall, too. Absolutely love it.

Jill Anderson said...

Thanks! I will share. I have to or I'll eat everything by myself. ;)

Lindsey said...

Yes, we enjoyed the fruit of your baking labors as well. Yum! And a fondue party sounds delicious as well.