Friday, November 16, 2007

My First Poem!

A little background - I've always been scared of writing poems. Since I was in elementary school the idea of writing something that had a pattern or a rhyming scheme just scared me. I just wanted to write what I wanted to write and that was that. I've since decided that I should give poetry another try. My muse? My husband and wanting the feeling that I've overcome a long-time obstacle in my writing. So here it is! (Please keep the constructive criticism to a minimum.)

To my "Forever & Always"

I love the way I feel when I'm wrapped in your arms so tight,
It's like you're protecting me from the world with all your might.

Your smile always brightens my day,
And reminds me how I love you in every way.

The perfect Saturday morning chef,
Your pancakes, biscuits, and burritos are the best.

When you kiss my forehead, my toes start to tingle.
And I feel as happy as jolly 'ol Kris Kringle.

What on Earth would I do
If I had to live my life without you?

I love you more as each passing year goes by.
I'll be with you forever my snuggly, teddy-bear guy!

-Jill

5 comments:

KarenD said...

Awwwwww!

I like the last stanza best!

What did Sheldon think?

Jill Anderson said...

You know Sheldon...he's a man of few words. But he did say he liked it. His favorite line was the "perfect Saturday morning chef."

Anonymous said...

Sooo sweet and tender. Great poem!

Lindsey said...

Sheldon is a lucky guy!

Anonymous said...

I love this poem!
Thanks Babe!!