Friday, April 10, 2009

Pretty Blues

To our surprise our little Sophie-bean has the most beautiful blue eyes. Sheldon and I have brown and hazel eyes so we thought, naturally, our daughter would have brown eyes.

Still, a little hope remained in the back of my mind because both of our parents (one in each set) has blue eyes and their parents have blue eyes. The genes were there, but I figured brown eyes were always dominant. I felt like it would be silly to pray for my daughter to have blue eyes, especially since what I cared most about was that she was healthy and fully developed. Little did I know that God listens to the littlest of wishes.

Sophie is almost six months old and her blue eyes have just gotten lighter since her birth. I love them. Any chance I get I try to get pictures of my sweet girl's little face.

This week we took pictures in the bluebonnets. We got some good shots of the the bluebonnets and some close-up shots of Sophie's pretty blues.







4 comments:

Lydia said...

I love the last two!! Especially the smiley one. Those expressions remind me a lot of Caleb's these days. And those baby blues are beautiful!

KarenD said...

Oh yay, I see such great potential for a scrapbook spread... and you have such a beautiful subject! Sophie-girl, I love your baby blues, too!

We had the genetic possibility of blue eyes as well, but I get so many comments on Ian's big brown eyes, I wouldn't trade them for the world. Maybe there's hope for blue with #2? Can you tell I have the baby bug?

Brandy said...

I LOVE LOVE the 3rd picture. She has such a beautiful smile!!!

Jill Anderson said...

Thanks! I love her smile too...she's my little cutie-pie.