Thursday, November 12, 2009

Precious Moments

Moments when I get to snuggle with my sweet girl are getting fewer and farther between. She's growing into a little toddler and she wants to be on the move most of the time she's awake. And she doesn't sleep in my bed, so I can't snuggle with her there either. Ever since she was a teeny-weeny, just two weeks old, we've been putting her in her crib to sleep. Most of the time it's great because she's used to laying down and going to sleep without any coaxing. The downside (for me) is that she sleeps alone with the exception of her blanky. If I try to lay down with her, it's playtime for her. Not sleepy-time.

So today when she wanted to sit on my lap and snuggle for a little while, I took full advantage of it. It only lasted about ten minutes, but I probably kissed her little head about 50 times. I have to get all my kisses in when I can, she doesn't sit still for very long.

I know she's growing fast and I want to soak up each precious moment I have with her. Speaking of precious... here's a sneak peek of what you may see on a Christmas card.



I'm so excited to see the pictures we had taken recently for Christmas. I do have the best photographer ever, so they should be great!

3 comments:

KarenD said...

OK, the cuteness that is your little girl makes me want a girl really bad.

Jill Anderson said...

Aww, thanks! I hope you have a little girl too... another reason to buy super-cute, teeny-weeny baby girl clothes! :)

Carolyn said...

And I want to buy those frilly Christmas dresses! I'm glad you gave Lydia a plug on your blog. She's the best!