Monday, January 15, 2007

You Be The Judge

Sheldon and I finally painted our living room...a couple weeks ago. This posting is slightly overdue. For fear the usual group won't meet tonight due to icy weather, I thought I'd post the before and after shots.

We decided to paint the room blue for several reasons. One, I wanted to decorate with black and white photos and paintings. So having a brown or even white wall wouldn't work. Two, I wanted to brighten up the room a bit. We'd lived in our house a little over a year with dark paneling...ick! Three, we have a lot of green in the living room, so a natural color would have to fill the walls if I didn't want to change too much about the decor already in the room.

You be the judge. Did we make a good decision?

Before:
After:

11 comments:

Roses and Grace said...

Hey!
I think it looks really good!.. It brightened up the room a lot! Good job!

KarenD said...

Brighter and bigger, for sure!

Lydia said...

It looks great! That's a really good color, and the b/w accents will look good with it.

Depending on which photo I look at, your curtains look a different color (white to ivory), but it seems they should be a clean white to mirror the b/w you'll be using. Very pretty! :)

Lydia said...

Hey, I just had a thought. I've started adding black accents to my house, and I've wondered about my brown ("wooden") bookshelves and entertainment center. Should I paint them black? What are you thinking of doing with your wood furniture?

Jill Anderson said...

We're actually planning to change out our wooden furniture. We have a white entertainment center with bookshelves picked out from Ikea. However, I think we'll keep the coffee tables for a while.

I guess it depends what other colors/accessories you have in your house as to whether or not you should paint your bookshelves black.

Lindsey said...

I think that brown and black can co-exist. It keeps your rooms from looking too perfectly put together. A little variety is nice.

The blue definitely lightens up the room, although the colors look a little different in the two pictures. Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

Nope, shoulda been sage green rather than blue; or maybe a creamy taupe.

Lindsey said...

who was that?

Jill Anderson said...

I have no idea. Reveal yourself!

Lydia said...

The sage green and creamy taupe are colors in my house, but I didn't post that, I promise! :)

KarenD said...

Now, in the last picture, I thought maybe your TV was on. But I think it might be your reflection on the screen! I love it when the camera catches random things like that.