Thursday, March 15, 2007

And The Winner Is...

Cancun, Mexico!! Sheldon and I have booked our vacation to be spent in the lap of luxury on the beach in beautiful Cancun, Mexico. Woohoo!

To brag a bit: We're staying in an all-inclusive, five-star hotel right on a strip of pure sugar-sand beachfront. Crystal blue waters will welcome us each morning along with a giant, fresh breakfast. We'll spend the day lounging on the beach, eating, and swimming. We might venture out on an excursion like treetop gliding or swimming with dolphins if we feel the need to remove ourselves from our sunbathing spot.

Restaurants available include Sakura, the Japanese restaurant, Brazilian Rodizio, Grill and Steakhouse, a Spanish cuisine at Tío Pepe restaurant, and Sir Arthur, a gourmet restaurant. Buffets are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well.
Activities include an on-resort gym, ping-pong, beach volleyball, tennis, windsurfing, catamaran (not sure what that is), snorkeling and scuba diving lessons. Golf courses are close by, and obviously, so is "nightly" entertainment.
To prepare for this trip, after 7 long years of no vacations, I need to fill my closet with certain pieces of clothing. Bathing suit cover-ups, a couple new swimsuits, shorts, tanks, more flip-flops, sundresses...I could go on and on. So, if anyone needs a shopping buddy in the May-June timeframe, I'm there!
I've provided some pictures for your enjoyment. Post-June I'll have several personal pictures to share! For now, we'll just have to settle for the professional advertiser's photos. :)



5 comments:

Roses and Grace said...

Hey! I am so jealous, but excited for you. I hope you have a great time!! You deserve it! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

SWEET! This place looks awesonme! You are going to have a great time. Juan and I did the "catamaran" when we were in Hawaii. I can tell you about it later.

WOOHOO! Viva Mexcio!

Lindsey said...

That looks like it will be tons of relaxing fun!

elizadoohicky said...

nice nice nice!

KarenD said...

Yay for vacation!!