Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Memorable Memorial







Ahh, Memorial weekend, the kick-off to summer. Many Americans celebrate Memorial weekend with trips to the lake, family, friends and mounds of barbequed red meat.

Check, check, and check.

We had a blast this past weekend visiting with family and friends. While our trip to the lake was technically the Watson’s house, it still counts. And we barbequed! Mounds of yummy sausages were grilled over an open flame, as they should be.

My sister, Brittany, her husband, and their four dogs (two of which were someone else’s) came to visit. It was a crazy house! But I enjoyed it. I love cooking for people other than Sheldon and me. I cooked breakfast each morning and dinner twice. It was some good eatin’.

On the agenda, Saturday was sister time. Brittany and I went shopping at Hobby Lobby and went to get our nails done. Starbucks, of course, is a mandatory pit stop while shopping. The boys went to boy stores and got ready for the paintball game planned for Sunday.

The Life Group girls, Brittany and I had plans to go to Practically Picasso while the guys enjoyed a relaxing afternoon of paintball warfare on Sunday. It was so much fun!

Monday we had planned to spend the day barbequing at Lake Whitney; however, chances of rain loomed over our lake venture, so we decided to stay at the Watson’s house to grill and play games.

Our Memorial Day menu consisted of sausage, chips, salsa, guacamole, fresh fruit, potato salad, and beans. After chowing down, we got into some games.

Boy, are we a competitive group. We can never decide on a game to play because at one point or another someone has lost at said game and doesn’t want to play it. (I’m not just picking on Karen; you all know who you are.)

After intense gaming, Sheldon and I said our farewells to our friends and Brittany and David in Whitney and went our separate ways to start the work week. Sheldon and I finished our Monday evening out by relaxing on the couch and reminiscing about the memories made over the weekend.

6 comments:

KarenD said...

Yay pictures! And I can't wait to pick up our Pikasso projects tomorrow! And it's the boys who cause our game playing problems. Naturally, girls are better at word games (and most games are) and of course, boys are sore losers!

Jill Anderson said...

Sorry guys, I forgot about the pictures last night. But I'll have them on there tomorrow! I promise. :)

KarenD said...

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Lindsey said...

That was a fun weekend! Yay for bonding!

elizadoohicky said...

It is soooo not competitive to AVOID a game you have lost. When I lose a game (on the rare occasion that it occurs) I will physically FORCE my opponent to play again so that the FLUKE of my loss can be rectified. Beat that...except that you can't beat it, cuz I ALWAYS WIN! HOO-RAH!

Jill Anderson said...

I'm up for a challenge Eliza! It's on! Well...whenever we ever go to Houston! :)