Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Celebrating the half-way mark!!

My baby’s half-baked! Haha! Just kidding…but she really is to the half-way mark on her pre-birth development. I’m so excited I can’t stand it. I have 20 more weeks to go and I already want to meet her. But I’ll be patient and give her time to finish be created.

Sheldon and I decided to celebrate the half-way point by making a trip to Austin in search of the perfect crib for our little girl. We found it! And we bought it! But we don’t get it for another week or so. Apparently, Babies-R-Us’ definition of “this item is current IN stock” means the item is in stock in the warehouse, which is up north somewhere. So we’ll have our perfect crib in about 7-11 business days.

Here is a sneak preview…





We also threw in a little treat for the mom-to-be and went out to eat at a Greek restaurant. Soooo yummy! I’ve been craving Greek food for at least a month now and sadly the closest Greek restaurant to Waco closed several months ago. The place in Austin we went to is called El Greco and it was near UT, so it was kind of an artsy area which was fun. I indulged myself in all the tsatsiki sauce I could handle and the fresh pita bread and baklava weren’t bad either.

Back to the baby stuff, we also picked out the crib bedding set we plan on registering for and I broke down and bought the fleece blanket that goes with the set. I couldn’t help it, it was so cute! And I have to have something to hang over the edge of the crib.




(This is the crib set we're planning on getting. It's little ladybugs.)

Sheldon also picked out a little dress for little miss Sophie. Of course I had to buy it because Sophie’s daddy picked it out. It’s a little cream-colored corduroy dress with light pink polka-dots. The back is button-up and the little buttons are pink, heart-shaped buttons. So cute. I don’t have a picture of the dress, so you’ll have to wait until Sophie is wearing it on her birthday this year.

And last but not least…Sophie’s full name will be Sophia Kate Anderson. (Pause for “aw’s”). I know, it’s so cute, isn’t it?

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Love the name. Love the crib. Love the bedding. Happy half-way!!

Anonymous said...

I agree....Ditto!

KarenD said...

So fun! Is the furniture black or dark brown? I love our black baby furniture, so sleek! Love the ladybugs, too... watch out, you might start getting a lot of ladybug stuff for your little ladybug! Some people really jump on the theme.

Jill Anderson said...

It's black. I originally set out to buy a cherry wood colored crib, but when we saw the black we both really liked it. It's so sophie-sticated. :)

For that reason (ladybug stuff) we didn't register for all the stuff that goes with the crib set. We registered for accessories with a black and white print. I didn't want ladybug overkill. But they are cute on the bedding set.

KarenD said...

Sophie-sticated... hehe! Too funny!

You can call ours sophisticatIAN.