Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nineteen Weeks - Almost half-way there!

I can’t believe I’m almost half-way through my pregnancy. I don’t even think I’ve grasped the concept of being pregnant yet. I stare down at my belly in awe, wondering what our little girl will look like when she makes her debut. I also like to poke at my belly because it feels so weird. It’s like a large water balloon has permanently attached itself to my stomach, but I don’t “feel” any different in my abdominal region unless I poke the outside of it.

I see the pictures from the ultrasound, but it’s still hard for me to believe that the little person portrayed in the pictures is actually a living, breathing, being inside my stomach! It’s so crazy. I’m not sure how one is supposed to “feel” when she’s pregnant. I feel all the side effects – like my whole body is falling apart – but I don’t feel the baby as much yet. So I guess that’s what I’m waiting for. I’ve felt Sophie’s “flutters” and I’m ready to feel her really move!

BabyCenter says that my baby’s sensory development is “exploding” and her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. It also says that she should be able to hear my voice now! I hope she doesn’t pick up on my off-key singing voice when I’m jammin’ out in my truck.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on the half-way mark! I know you and Sheldon will spend the next weeks making countless decisions about her arrival. God bless!

KarenD said...

Did you officially announce the name on the blog, yet? Sophie, so cute, I love it!