Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is Nothing Sacred?

I walked into the office bathroom this afternoon for my routine afternoon pit-stop and as I hastily walked toward my usual stall, I heard talking. But no one was in the “lobby” part of the bathroom and one of the stall doors was closed. Someone was sitting on the loo talking on her cell phone!

I had to go potty so bad! What do I do? Should I go? Or should I wait ‘till the call is over? It would be pretty embarrassing for someone across the globe to hear me tinkle, even if they don’t know who I am.

Then I thought, “You know what? Their fault! If they don’t want their friend, co-worker, relative, whatever to hear me tinkle then they shouldn’t be talking on the phone in a public restroom!” So I went. And she began rushing to get off the phone once she heard it hit the water. And she started talking louder to cover the sound.

I thought it was pretty funny. Sorry, person on the other line. If it was you, I needed to take care of business and I was in the proper location for doing so.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I never understand talking on the phone in the bathroom. I'm already conscious of other people around when I'm going to the bathroom...I certainly don't want to take them in the stall with me!

Lindsey said...

This reminds me of Brandy's story when she heard someone say, "Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order?" from the stall next door.

I generally am not comfortable using a cell phone or a drive-through headset from a stall, except in extreme emergencies.

KarenD said...

I would never want the person on the other line if I were making the call to find out that I was in the bathroom! So, I don't take my phone in there, or I don't answer it if it rings.

Maybe the coworker was just looking for a place for a private conversation. Was that person on the pot, too, or could you tell?

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot about the McDonald's sorry....LOL!