Friday, August 8, 2008

Health Updates

Monday I had my three-hour glucose test and yesterday was my 28-week doctor’s appointment. The glucose test went as well as can be expected. The syrup stuff they made me drink wasn’t too bad. I requested the orange flavor again, so it just tasted like Fanta orange soda. The only hard part was being required to drink 10 oz. of it in less than 5 minutes. I’m not a fast drinker. But I did it. The phlebotomist (blood-taker, vampire…) was great as usual. She only missed my vein one time, so I was stuck five times instead of four, but it really didn’t hurt at all. Sheldon was able to be there with me also so the time flew by.

I got my results on Tuesday. My doctor said only one of four of the test results came back abnormal, which means I DON’T have gestational diabetes (woohoo!), but could mean little Sophie may not be so little when she’s born. The doc said she could be slightly bigger than average. In my little mind that means, maybe she’ll come early (but not too early) and be average! It could happen. The doctor suggested that I eat less sweets and carbs. What am I supposed to eat then?! That’s my entire diet! Meat just doesn’t sit well with me and lettuce becomes less and less appetizing every day. Bleh.

So yesterday was my normal check-up. Sophie’s heartbeat was a strong 156 beats per minute and everything was normal. The doc is pushing me to find a pediatrician, so he set up an appointment for Sheldon and me to meet with one of the doctors. I really didn’t think I was that behind, I guess getting on the pediatricians’ schedules may be what takes so long…hmmm…I didn’t think of it that way until just now.

The only slight concern that I had was that at my 26-week appointment I had gained a total of nine pounds since the beginning of my pregnancy and when I weighed-in yesterday, I had lost two pounds. How that happened, I don’t have a clue. But my doctor didn’t seem to be concerned. He said Sophie is developing right on schedule, so as long as she’s good, then I’m good. So I guess I’m allowed to be excited that I’ve only gained seven pounds up to this point. I should be allowed to celebrate with chocolate and ice cream, but apparently that’s not allowed since I had one tiny, little glucose test abnormality.

Tomorrow is our first childbirth class. I’m a little anxious, but excited too. Maybe the thought of giving birth in about two and a half months will become more real. I really don’t have a clue at this point. I’ll update you after the class to let you know if I was successful in getting one. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

KarenD said...

Oooh, tell me who does your class! Our lady was kind weird.

I can tell you about two of the S&W pediatricians if you want to know. But you may not be putting Sophie on S&W insurance, I realize. In which case, you'll have more than just four choices like I did. But sometimes there are too many choices!

Jill Anderson said...

Our Childbirth class teacher's name was Sarah H. She was pretty good. There was so much information that was repeated, but I guess that's the way people learn.

We're meeting with the S&W pediatricians first. Sophie will be covered through Humana, but I'm pretty sure since Providence takes my Humana now, they'll take it for her too. I think our first appointment is with Dr. Bierworth (sp?).

info asik said...

sebetar lagi piala dunia KLIK DI SINI DEH permainan menarik di AGENS128 loh

Winjelin Angkasa said...

Nikmati Bonus Menarik Dari Bolavita Sekarang...
-Nikmati Bous New member 10%
-Nikmati Bonus Cashback Hingga 10%
-Nikmati Juga Bonus jackpot Hingga Ratusan juta Rupiah Setiap harinya...

Info Lengkap Hubungi:
WA : 0812-2222-995
Line : cs_bolavita
Link : www.bolavita1.com

TERIMA KASIH