Thursday, February 8, 2007

Copycat List Mania

Since my blogging days are after the original "List Mania," I'd like to add my own preferences. This is probably the most interesting blog-post option for this week. I'm pretty busy at work, so all other blog posts would reflect boring notes from a grant seminar or grant monitoring sessions.

10 Random Things About Me
10. After 25 years of life, people still have difficulty deciding what to call me: I've been called Andrea (first name), Jill (middle name), AJAX, AJ, jillybean, jillbug, Andi, little Killer, and Jerang (don't ask).
9. I write EVERYTHING down...including random thoughts (thank God for blogs!)
8. My favorite birthday party was a co-ed party when I was 17 at a bowling alley. It was disco bowling night (you know, with the black lights and disco balls everywhere).
7. My first published work was in sixth grade. Woohoo! (Books were printed and handed out with the class's stories for the year.)
6. I met my husband in an Autotech class in high school.
5. I have three sisters and two brothers, but I'm truly an only child.
4. I really miss the smell of snow and the cold-happy feeling you get after playing in it all day.
3. I love the smell of Scotch tape.
2. I went to six schools before graduating from high school.
1. My hair has been every color possible...well, except for maybe green.

9 Things I Love
9. My family
8. My friends
7. My pets
6. Traveling
5. Chocolate
4. Grey's Anatomy
3. Every Criminal Minds or CSI show currently playing
2. Cooking (though I'm still learning)
1. Financial Peace University (apparently I'm the Nerd and not the Free Spirit in the relationship).

8 Things that Annoy Me
8. Drivers who don't pay attention to the light signal when they're in the front of the line (HELLO! it's your responsibility to lead the traffic through the intersection).
7. Litter boxes
6. Needing to get gas (I hate the "bing" when I'm low on fuel).
5. Darren & Chrissy (radio dj's in Waco)
4. People who act like nothing has ever gone wrong in their life...ever
3. Loud construction workers who prank call your hotel room and gawk at you as you walk by (as if anyone would be impressed by this anyway).
2. Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, etc. (Agreeing with Lindsey).
1. People who make a big stink out of nothing. (Calm down, this too is nothing to worry about).

7 Favorite Foods
7. Chips and salsa (Sheldon's salsa!)
6. Japanese steakhouse food (hibachi shrimp, steak, and fried rice)
5. Pizza
4. Spicy chicken alfredo (Johnny Carino's)
3. Chicken and Dumplings (only Mom's homemade will do)
2. Bacon and cheese fries with ranch dip
1. Chocolate

6 Stores and Restaurants I Love
6. Barnes & Noble
5. Starbucks
4. Benihana's
3. Johnny Carino's
2. Target
1. IKEA

5 Things to Do Before I Die
5. Write a book
4. Have kids
3. Travel to India, Australia, England, Paris (again)... and, well pretty much all of Europe.
2. Stay at a Sandal's Resort in the Carribbean
1. Do that treetop gliding thing (gliding over the rainforest by cords)

4 Favorite Quotes
4. "You can't ride two horses with one ass sugarbean."
3. "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming
- WOW-What a Ride!"
2. "You can have roots and wings..."
1. "I'm gonna shoot ya in your eye! Your dad-gum eye!" (said with Southern accent)

3 Favorite Authors
3. Donald Miller
2. Charlotte Bronte
1. Francis Rivers

2 Places I Love to Go
2. Alabama
1. home

1 Thing I Say A Lot
"Did you lock the door?"

6 comments:

KarenD said...

Tee hee. Your lists makes me smile.

Roses and Grace said...

I love your quote.. very inspiring ;) Love ya!!

Lindsey said...

We have so much in common! It's a good thing we're friends. Aren't lists fun?

elizadoohicky said...

you are such a beautiful person.

BTW: there is a new magazine (very high quality awesome) in Houston looking for writers, for all kinds including editorial.... you could go to IKEA all the time if you were in Houston....

Jill Anderson said...

@Linds - we do have a lot in common! I noticed that as I read your lists and basically copied most of it. :)

@Eliza - Oo,oo, which magazine? Tell me! :)

elizadoohicky said...

did you get the myspace message?

also, you need to blog more! I love your stuff!