Monday, July 21, 2008

Down to double digits!

Wow! I can’t believe it’s already the middle of July and Sheldon and I are down to double digits in our baby debut countdown. It seems like February was just yesterday. We found out I was pregnant on Saturday, February 16. I remember the date well because we bought the fixin’s for a nice steak dinner that night, including a bottle of wine. I was curious as to whether or not I was pregnant, though thinking I probably wasn’t since the test hadn’t been positive the past four months we had tried and I didn’t feel as though I had any symptoms.

But I’d rather be safe than sorry, so I took the test that morning before Sheldon was awake. He didn’t know I had planned on taking it and was still snoozing at 5:30 a.m. when I crept out of bed wondering why I had the urge to go to the bathroom that early in the morning. I did the deed, thinking it just a formality before I could enjoy a glass of wine that night with dinner.

I turned away from the test for a brief moment, and when I turned back the result was displayed already! I WAS PREGNANT!! I was so excited I couldn’t stand it. I busted out of the bathroom, jumped on the bed and landed on Sheldon. He didn’t know what was going on. When I told him, he smiled a sleepy smile, said, “Yay!” and gave me a big hug.

Of course we couldn’t go back to sleep because we were both filled with ideas about our future plans and how that moment was the beginning of so many changes in our lives. Needless to say, that bottle of wine is still in our fridge, unopened. If anyone likes wine and thinks it may still be good, you’re welcome to it.

So here we are a few short moments later and we only have three months before we meet our little girl! She’s bee-boppin’ around in my belly while there are so many unanswered questions remaining in our new little parent brains. One thing we have no doubt about is that we love her so much already. We can’t wait to see you Sophie!

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Wow! 99 Days, what a landmark! It'll be here before you know it... and these are the fun days of pregnancy where people are giving YOU the attention. When the baby comes, she'll get all the attention, of course. But you won't mind... you'll be amazed at this little person you created!

Jill Anderson said...

It's crazy, time has just flown by! I'm barely in my third trimester and I'm ready for her to be here...well, not prepared yet, but ready for her to be here. :)