Friday, July 11, 2008

Twenty-four weeks & a strong kicker!

It’s so exciting to feel Sophie’s kicks every day. It used to be pretty random, but by now I can feel her moving around pretty frequently. With her movements becoming stronger, I was looking forward to the day when Sheldon would be able to feel her little bumps.

And he finally did! Laying around on the morning of July 5, Sheldon had his hand just resting on my belly. I told him Sophie was moving, but he didn’t seem too thrilled about it because every time before he wasn’t able to feel anything. So he left his hand on my stomach, but he wasn’t poking or prodding around trying to feel anything, like he usually does.

All of a sudden she kicked right under his middle finger. “Did you feel that?!” I asked. At the same time, almost before I got the question out Sheldon said, “Oh my gosh! I felt that!”

I imagine she was making a move that looked something like this…



It was really neat to be able to share that experience with him. It’s hard for me to imagine having a living being inside my belly, so I know it must be even harder for Sheldon to imagine it. Being able to feel the kicks is like confirmation that I’m not just gaining weight in one concentrated area, and that we’re actually going to be parents in about 109 days!

According to BabyCenter, Sophie should be about twelve inches in length and just over a pound in weight. Amazing! It also says her brain is growing quickly and her taste buds are continuing to develop. That must be why she LOVES it when I eat sweets. I can tell, she’ll be a sweet girl.

1 comment:

KarenD said...

Of course, she'll be a sweet girl! Sophie, I can't wait to meet you. Keep up those movements and let your mama know you're strong and healthy... but don't do it too much in the middle of the night, so she can still get some sleep while the sleeping's good!