Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thirty-Four Weeks!

Wow! I’m almost there! Only six more weeks to go (fingers crossed). Sophie and I have had this talk…she should either be a week early or be on time, but there will be none of this tardy business. We’ll see if she listens or not.

I’m getting to the point where it’s tiring to be pregnant. I love, love feeling her move in there, but I can’t wait until I can see her. It’s getting harder to do some pretty simple tasks like getting off the couch or rolling out of bed. And I’m getting tired of wearing pants. If only it was acceptable to not have to wear pants or anything with a waistband to work. Wait, but then I’d have to shave. Ah…the dilemmas of pregnancy.

According to my web sources, Sophie should be somewhere between 18 to 19 inches long and weigh about five pounds. She’s definitely gotten bigger over the past couple weeks because her movements have changed from a bunch of fluttery movements to big, move-my-belly around movements. It’s so cool to watch my belly shift from one side of my body to the other. Crazy kid.

I had suspected that she may have dropped yesterday, but because I have never felt this feeling, I turned to the expert (my mom). She said when her babies dropped, it felt like constant pressure on her bladder and she could feel that the baby was really low. I feel some pressure in a lower area, but the bladder situation is still the same. We determined that Sophie probably moved into position, but hadn’t completely dropped yet. Sheldon had also come to this conclusion last night while we were trying to feel how Sophie was positioned. While we were feeling the belly, I think I felt Sophie’s whole bum in my hand! It was a crazy feeling. It felt like she “pushed off” with her hands in my lower abdomen and her bum filled my hand, which was resting on the top part of my abdomen. My whole hand moved up!

The time is coming! Speaking of which, we’ve moved forward with a few more nursery projects. Here are some pictures of the completed dresser. We took Sheldon’s childhood dresser, sanded it down, and painted it black. We also bought new hardware. It looks perfect!



The adorably cute pillows resting on top of the dresser were handmade by my friend Kris. She did an awesome job! She also made the curtains pictured. I may be a little biased, but I think I may have the cutest baby room ever created!





P.S. Thanks LN for suggesting toile! I love it!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Ooh, hooray! I'm glad you went with it. It looks great! And I LOVE the dresser. It's amazing what a little black paint will do!

And I cannot believe Sophie's already moving into position! That is just way too real. Though I understand wanting to see her! I'm ready for that, too, though I haven't hit my wall of being tired of pregnancy, yet. I'm sure I'll be there soon!

Carolyn said...

Oooo, I love the b/w toile decor for Sophie's room. Very feminine and sophisticated!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the room in person! Looks like all it needs now is a baby to go in it!

Jill Anderson said...

I can't wait! :)

Roses and Grace said...

Yea! Such a pretty room! Good job ;)