Sunday, September 28, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Last weekend (Sept. 19-21) was so full that it took me a week to catch up! I was lucky enough to have two baby showers thrown by great friends. To keep Sheldon busy, he and his dad went to Ennis for the Fall National drag races for the weekend. He was happy, I was happy, it was a fun weekend!

Shower number one was held at work with all my friends at the COG. We gathered in our training room, which was decorated with white and pink decorations, balloons, and lots of gifts!

Shower number two was held at Practically Pikasso with friends and family. Everyone painted a ceramic tile with a letter from Sophie’s name on it. All the tiles spelled out Sophia Kate. It’s awesome! I’ll have pictures to come on that one. I want to show a before (firing) and after (firing) shot.

Between the two showers, Sheldon’s mom and I organized the nursery and washed all the newborn baby clothes, crib sheets, and blankets. Baby smell filled my house…probably from the Dreft detergent. The only thing left to do in the nursery is hang the wall décor and add the baby! I’m so excited that I haven’t thought about the pain to come, but the joy of holding our little one. That’s what will get me through the pain.

I’m sure you’d rather see pictures than read my babble…so here you go! Thanks to everyone who made last weekend such a great weekend for the new Anderson family. Thanks for all your generous gifts and talents in painting!

COG Shower:









Pikasso shower:









3 comments:

KarenD said...

Your nursery is PERFECT, I love it! I'm not even that crazy about pink, but everything is so tasteful, the perfect combination of cutesy for a baby, but sophisticated so that mom loves it, too. You're right, all that's missing is a baby, and I can't believe she'll be here in LESS than a month! Hooray!!

Anonymous said...

I agree the baby's room is so cute. I can't wait to see her in it too! Also love the 3-D pictures colliage!

Lydia said...

Eek! Your baby coming in less than a month makes my baby's coming seem that much faster! I'm so excited!