Monday, September 8, 2008

Tummy Tumbler

Sophie seems like she might be at the peak of her movement this past week. I had read that babies’ movements usually peak around week 28, but it wasn’t so for me. Recently, she’s been moving around constantly in there. I don’t have a clue what she’s doing, but it’s fun to imagine her somersaults.

I do, however, know very well what her little movements feel like. It’s like a reverse massage chair. You know those awesome massage chairs they have in spas/salons? The ones they use when you’re getting a pedicure? Well, those little “massage fingers” that roll up and down your spine in the chair is what it feels like inside my tummy. It’s a weird, but fun feeling from the inside out.

A random note – I was walking toward the bathroom and passed one of my co-workers on the way. In the bathroom, I thought, “Man, I really want peanut butter.” And then I went on to think how I could go about scoring some peanut butter during lunch. And then I thought, “Why am I thinking about peanut butter all of a sudden?” And then the “ah-hah” moment occurred.

The co-worker I passed on the way to the restroom usually eats something peanut-butter related during breaks. She keeps a large jar of peanut butter in the cabinet in the break room. So when I saw her, I immediately associated peanut butter with her. And then the craving kicked in. And I still want peanut butter. Ha! That’s funny how the mind works. Anyone have any Reese’s? Or maybe peanut butter on bread? I would be willing to just eat it from the jar if that’s all that’s available.

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Why didn't you ask the peanut butter eating coworker if she had some you could have?

Since we have an Olympic swimmer on our hands, perhaps you have an Olympic gymnast? Summer 2024?

Jill Anderson said...

I had told her about the funny story. She laughed and said she wondered if the peanut butter in the break room was still good...so I didn't ask from that point.

Just maybe! Ian and Sophie could fly together on their way to the Olympics. :)