Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thirty-Six Weeks!

We made it to thirty-six weeks and things are starting to change. The achy, pressure-like feeling is definitely present. It’s uncomfortable to change position from sitting to standing, standing to walking, or walking to sitting. I can’t bend over to reach anything successfully, squatting is required. Even then, it’s a challenge to stand back up without the support of someone or something.

I haven’t had any Braxton Hicks contractions yet. I wonder if I’ll have any at all. Sophie is starting to take up more room in my belly. I can feel her body resting against the inside of mine sometimes. It’s a crazy feeling.

I’ve been getting quick, occasional twinges of pain near the “birthing center.” I’m not sure if this is normal, if this is what dilation feels like, or is Sophie’s just kicking around in a sensitive spot. At our doctor’s appointment last Thursday, Dr. B said I was dilated to one centimeter and not effaced. He said if I progress this week, she may come early. But it’s hard to tell…wishful thinking! Everything else was normal, I gained another pound for a total of 12 pounds and my belly measurement was 36 centimeters – right on target. Sophie’s heartbeat was 152 bpm.

In this uncomfortable stage of pregnancy, there are a few things that I LOVE that make me and little Sophie more comfortable. Here’s a list of my favorite things…revised for my pregnant self.

1. Big, fluffy pillows
2. Soft, fuzzy blankets
3. Orange soda (totally a random craving I never expected)
4. TUMS
5. Stretchy pajama pants
6. Back rubs (this will probably remain on the list even after Sophie’s born)
7. My husband being at home with me
8. A cup of hot chocolate while reading a book to take my mind off of work and new parent anxiety
9. Blockbuster online movie service
10.Sitting in the nursery day dreaming of our little one’s arrival

3 comments:

KarenD said...

Oooh, I can't wait for hot chocolate weather! With a high of 90 today, we're not there, yet.

Jill Anderson said...

Since my house temp has been at 68 degrees for the past couple months, I was able to sneak in some hot chocolate during the summer! :) It's amazing...I even froze Sheldon out a few times! He usually never gets cold!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia wiki[/url] is the superior paunchy on fire extract nearby in hawk contemporarily a days. Let slip upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select