Thursday, October 23, 2008

Less than a week!!

It's Thursday morning and everything is still quiet at the Anderson household. Sophie has been a little jumping bean in my belly, which tells me she's still healthy but not much else. I had contractions again last night - these were definitely stronger, but nothing came of them. Or at least from what I can see.

Today is our normal appointment day, but the doctor's office couldn't get us in until Monday. I'm still hoping we'll have a little girl before then.

Though false labor is frustrating, it does serve a purpose. It's not like my body is just playing tricks on me for no apparent reason. The contractions I've been having are supposed to be helping me to dilate and making my cervix thin out or efface. This is a good thing. With all the contractions I've been having, I should be able to go into the hospital dilated to about a four and order my epidural right away. That's my wishful thinking anyway...it gets me through random contractions every day.

I've created a few projects to work on at home too to keep my mind off the "what day will be the day" topic. Yesterday I printed 176 photos of mine and Sheldon's trip to Cancun in 2007. I have all the scrapbook supplies ready to go and I have at least today (as far as I know) to work on it. And if I have longer than today, that's ok because I have 176 pictures to go through!

Even if Sophie holds on past her due date, I know there's an end in sight. Dr. B said he would schedule me to be induced no later than November 7. So at the most, I have two weeks before I get to meet our little girl! That's exciting!

6 comments:

KarenD said...

And thank goodness that last week's ultrasound put Sophie at 6 lbs. 11 oz. otherwise I'm sure having a BIG baby would add to your worries.

Any day now, any day! Hang in, there, mama!

Lydia said...

I like "At Home Jill." She puts up lots of posts! ;)

Have fun scrapbooking today! I'm sure you've already done this, but make sure your batteries are charged and memory cards are clear for the Big Day! That's still on my list of things to do.

Jill Anderson said...

@Karen: I know! I'm so glad we got to see how big she was last week. I would have been panicking by now.

@Lydia: Haha! I like "at home" Jill too. It's more fun that I thought it would be. I'm actually enjoying it. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying the posts as well! Sounds like a fun project to keep you occupied until Sophie decides it's time!

Anonymous said...

Ok "At home Jill".....When's our lunch date????

Jill Anderson said...

All you have to do is call and ask "at home Brandy". :)