Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pikasso Masterpiece

As mentioned on a previous post, one of my showers was held at Practically Pikasso. If you’re not familiar with the place, it’s a ceramic painting workshop. It’s a lot of fun to pick out what figure, tile, dish, or ornament you want to paint and slowly create your work of art. The staff there are really helpful and it’s a relaxing environment. A perfect place for a baby shower!

A couple of my brilliant friends came up with the great idea that we should paint Sophie’s name on tiles and hang them in her nursery. Each person at the shower would have a tile to paint and select what letter of Sophie’s name they’d like to paint. I selected the colors that would be used on the tiles and let everyone design their tile however their heart desired.

They turned out so great! Here are the before and after pictures of the tiles. Practically Pikasso fires the tiles after they’re painted in a kiln, so they look completely different as a finished product.







Here’s a few more shower pictures. Thanks everyone! We’ll have a keepsake that we’ll treasure forever!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It turned out so cute! And it was definitely one of the funnest baby showers I've ever been to!

Jill Anderson said...

Thanks! I'm a little biased, but I would say it's one of the funnest baby showers I've ever been to too. :)

T said...

Is funnest a word? :) I think the tiles are a great idea and turned out so cute! I am a big fan of Pracktikally Picasso or however you spell that.