Thursday, October 2, 2008

Quick Sophie Update

Our doctor’s appointment was today. I pretty much expected the outcome, which is that I’m still dilated to one centimeter…sigh. I’m only 36 ½ weeks, but it would have been nice to get some exciting news about possibly having this little girl early.

Dr. B was in a bit of a hurry to get to labor and delivery, so our appointment was pretty quick. Here are the stats in Dr. B’s words:

Heartbeat: “Normal” (Sophie’s normal range is between 152 and 158)

Belly Measurement: “Right on target” (Probably 37 centimeters)

Cervix: “Long and dilated to one centimeter” (Dangit)

Good News: “Strep B test came back negative”

Bad News (for me): “I’d say she’s about 6.5 to 7 lbs.” (Eeek! At this rate she’ll be 9 pounds by Oct. 28!)

Sheldon’s response to the “bad news”: “Well, stop feeding her so much.” (Yah, like that’s an option).

2 comments:

KarenD said...

I've heard that doctors can't really tell how big the baby is. Even with a sonogram, it's all just an estimate. Bigger usually means healthier, too. (and well-fed!)

And if it's size you're worried about with getting her out, um, it's gonna be head size that really matters.

I know you're ready to meet her, though, and so am I! Go, Sophie, go!

Jill Anderson said...

I'm crossing my fingers hoping she has Sheldon's head, and not my melon! Haha! Either way it has to be, I'm ready for her to be here. :)