Saturday, October 25, 2008

Shopaholic Mommy...and Daddy

I am addicted to buying baby stuff! Especially clothes. And our little girl isn't even here yet. I don't know her size and how long or what time of year she'll be able to wear the clothes, but I can't stop. I estimate based on the average baby size and keep moving my little happy self through each aisle.

Last week Sheldon and I went to Target to get some last minute baby stuff and we ended up buying three more packages of really cute onesies. When shopping for another baby shower, I ended up spending more money on my little girl than for the other baby. And today, I went to JCPenney for a specific purpose (not to buy baby clothes) and we ended up spending more money on the most adorable clothes! In my defense, everything was 40% to 55% off! How could anyone resist?

Here are some pictures of today's purchases:





I think the little green dress is the most adorable Christmas dress ever. And it looks very "Sophie" to me. She'll be so cute in it! Both little Christmas sleepers are fleece and look so soft. All she needs now is a little red bow to match.

Sheldon picked out the white tennis-skirt-like dress. He's been looking for something that looks kindof sporty for Sophie. He wants her to look sporty when she goes to the gym with him. She'll be in the daycare, but she'll look ready to play on the court! I would give him a hard time, but I'm just as bad. I already bought Sophie a Halloween onesie and I don't even know if she'll be here by then. Again, in my defense, it was only three dollars.

I decided to throw in a few pictures of updates in Sophie's room. We finally found a glider that we liked and it was less expensive than most traditional gliders! We found it at a local furniture store. It's a leather glider/recliner and we can use it in other places in our house in future. I love it!



We also bought a little shelf to go next to the changing table to hold the wipe warmer and some breakable stuff, which I'm sure will be moved to higher ground when Sophie becomes a crawler.



I think we're officially done with the baby room. Sure, there are still things that I would like to have, but we have all the essentials. At least I think we do. I'm avoiding all stores now until Sophie's born so I don't spend anymore money until I need to. I hope she's born soon!

4 comments:

KarenD said...

Can TOTALLY relate! I bought a bunch of cute stuff for Ian for fall/winter earlier this year on sale at Ross and Marshalls, and now that fall/winter is almost here, I find myself buying even more!!

I AM on the lookout for a cute "Baby's First Christmas" outfit.

That is going to be one well-dressed little girl. And I'm glad you love her room... that way you'll enjoy being in there.

Lydia said...

Ooh, I love the words on the wall! I've seen those at Hobby Lobby and wondered how well they work. Are you happy with them? Will they stay up, do you think, and come off if you want them to?

Jill Anderson said...

@ Lydia: I love the words on the wall too. They were a little difficult to put up though. The paint in Sophie's room is textured, so when peeling the backing from the letters, we had to hold down each letter and press it into the wall.

The wording has stayed on the wall so far and it doesn't look like it will come down unless we intentionally take it off. I'm pretty sure it would come off easily because the walls are textured.

We're happy with it, but I'd be interested to see how it looks on an untextured surface too.

Carolyn said...

I like the words, too...very eye-catching. The nursery is gorgeous (I'm partial to black & white toile). The chair looks so comfortable!

Hurry up, Sophie!