Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blog Poll

Having two blogs seems to be a difficult task for me. It’s hard enough to find time to write on one blog, let alone two. So, I thought I’d ask my blog audience what you think about combining my two blogs (baby blog and regular blog) into one simple blog about my life.

Thoughts about combining the blogs:
-It’s hard to separate what’s baby-related and what’s not baby-related these days, so it may be simpler to have just one blog to talk about my current life experiences…baby included.
-I don’t have the patience currently to learn how to use a new blog site to its fullest potential. I get frustrated when I have to downsize my pictures on my own program before posting them on the site. Blogger.com does this for me. It’s also easy for me to post HTML coded items on my Blogger site.
-I like the design of my regular blog and it’s easy to change if I choose to.

Thoughts about keeping the blogs separated:
-It’s nice to have a blog specific to baby stuff, but it seems that recently I’ve been posting about baby development info from BabyCenter.com.
-I like that I can put my own picture in the header, but that’s about the only feature I understand.
-Um, I have nothing else to support this decision.

So, tell me what you think! I might humor your suggestions. :)

8 comments:

Lydia said...

If you think everyone who reads your normal blog will also be reading your baby blog, then I say combine to one blog. If, however, you have readers who run from the thought of babies, then maybe the two blogs would be nice.

I, for one, read both blogs, so I think the combined blog would be fine.

It's good to hear your opinion about blogger vs. wordpress. Another friend of mine had a wordpress blog and switched back to blogger because of the hassle of putting images up.

There is actually a way to put your own picture in the header...I've got mine up there....

Jill Anderson said...

Ooooo, share the secret!

Margie said...

I am the friend and I didn't like wordpress. The photo formats are a headache and I find blogger more user friendly. I read both your blogs because I like to read random links of friends friends. Thus, I'm Lydia's friend and I am reading your blog. So long!

Anonymous said...

I as well read both. So either way is ok with me. And just for the record I am not a blogger person....sorry!

Lydia said...

How to Put a Pic in Blogger Header

Note: You might have to do some actual photo editing to get your image cropped right, but try it first without messing with the image and see what happens. It might just work fine!

In Dashboard, click "Layout" next to the name of the blog you want to add a header to.

Click "Edit" in the header (where your title is).

Next to Image, use the browse button to add an image. Decide whether you want it to be placed behind your title, or instead of your title.

Click "Save Changes" and you're done!

Jill Anderson said...

@Lydia - Thanks!

@Margie - Thanks for commenting. It's good to know that more than three people read my blog. :D

Margie said...

Hurray!

elizadoohicky said...

just put it all here. ease of use is most important.