Monday, May 5, 2008

Fun at the Grocery Store

Friday evening Sheldon and I decided that we wanted to grill out for dinner. However, we didn’t have any food at the house. Problem – this would require a trip to the grocery store. I knew that each time I would go into the grocery store, I'd get deathly ill. Ok, maybe not deathly ill, but pretty close. I can’t stand all the smells mixed together. Yack.

We were already in town because we had just finished watching “Baby Mama” at the theatre – it’s hilarious by the way. We decided that Sheldon would run into the store and grab dinner while I waited in the car.

Six minutes later, my bladder felt like it would explode. I couldn’t hold it any longer! I’d have to go in to the store to use the restroom. Kicking myself for not going to the bathroom at the theatre, I got out of the car and headed in the store.

Once in and feeling much relieved, I decided I’d just stay. It would be more exciting than sitting in the car for the next 20 minutes or so. Bad idea.

By the time I found Sheldon, he had picked up organic chicken breasts, corn on the cob, stuff for cornbread, and was looking for low-fat sausage because I wanted biscuits and gravy in the morning. Yum! While walking down the aisle to get biscuits, I noticed chocolate and vanilla Jell-O pudding snacks that looked delicious. I had to have them. This is out of the ordinary for me because 1. I never eat pudding, and 2. especially not pre-packaged pudding.

Ok, not so bad, I’m pregnant, right? Then, moving through the frozen food I discovered that Pepperidge Farm makes the BEST coconut cake. That purchase was a must. And then, there was a lovely coupon that gave a free quart of ice cream if you bought a frozen pizza. Who can live without frozen pizza and ice cream? Not me!

Just before Sheldon corralled me to the checkout line, I grabbed some Drumsticks (a.k.a. heaven in a cone, more commonly known as sundae in a cone). How could I resist them? They’re the perfect combination of chocolate, ice cream, peanuts, and cone. On the way to the checkout, I discovered Pomegranate Italian soda. I had tried it at a friend’s house before and suddenly had to have that sweet, tart, carbonated taste once again.

Short of taping my hands to the grocery cart, Sheldon was able to contain me long enough to get through the checkout line and into the car. Drumstick in hand and on the road, we both decided it’s probably still not a good idea for me to go to the grocery store!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Hahaha! Hee-larious!!

Normally, Jon goes to the store by himself. I'm an impulse buyer, so trips with me go a lot like yours, except I never actually get to buy the stuff I want. Jon might give in on a couple things, and everything else I usually forget about by the time I'm on to the next interesting aisle.

We went last night, and Jon described it as "frustratingly fun." I took that as a compliment. :)

KarenD said...

That's a great story!!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, life group at your house is going to be delicious!

This sounds like a regular old trip to the grocery store for me! At least you have BabyA to blame it on!