Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It’s almost ultrasound time!

As I sit writing this, I only have two hours until I find out the gender of our baby! I’m so anxious I can’t stand it! I’m hoping everything medically is good and that our little one is not modest…at least not today.

I’m also 18 weeks today. I can’t believe it’s already been 18 weeks. In two weeks, I’ll be half-way to the finish line. It’s crazy to think that Sheldon and I will be parents. Not that I’m scared to be a parent, it’s just weird to think that we’ll have a little one that’s all ours in a few short months. And I haven’t even begun shopping/researching for baby stuff!

We were supposed to clean out the baby room this weekend to get it ready for new baby furniture, but we decided to have fun instead. Going to the lake sounded like a better idea. It feels like we have all the time in the world, but I know fall will be here before we know it.

My belly has already changed a lot in eight weeks. The pictures below show me at 10 weeks and 18 weeks respectively. I recently read that the baby grows from 5 oz. (18 weeks) to 1 lb. (23 weeks) in five short weeks! That’s amazing. I better start working on my maternity wardrobe!



5 comments:

KarenD said...

Girl, you look good! I can't wait to find out about little baby A!

Lydia said...

You posted this yesterday, and haven't given us an update!! What's the verdict?!

Jill Anderson said...

Um, I can't say yet. We're having dinner tonight to do the "reveal", so I'll post it tomorrow. Sorry. :)

Jill Anderson said...

Or later tonight....:)

KarenD said...

CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT!!!